Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Chicken Feta Kale Burgers!


New Recipe!!!

Chicken Feta Kale Burgers!!!!!


 

So this is the first blog entry I have done in a while. I randomly look at new recipes and get the urge to cook them. The main reason why I chose to blog about some of my creations is because I can never seem to follow the exact recipe! My husband always tells me to write down what I use because we end up liking it and I can’t remember what I threw in to create the masterpiece lol. Anyway, I saw some stuffed turkey burgers earlier today and since I am not a fan of ground turkey, I decided to look up ground chicken burgers. When I found the recipe for feta kale burgers I was so excited. As I began to pull the ingredients out of my refrigerator, I saw other foods that I thought would make these burgers even better! So this is a recipe that I found and threw my spin on it J Hope you enjoy!!!

Let me know if you decide to mix it up and make changes, I’d love to hear about other ways to make these burgers.

 


Ingredients:

Kale

1 lb Ground Chicken

Olive Oil

1 Egg

Feta Cheese

 

Chopped Fresh mushrooms

½ Avocado Chopped

Fresh Minced Garlic

Salt, Pepper, Parsley, Cilantro, Basil
 

Step One:

First you have to prepare the Kale by steaming it on the stove with a little water and a tiny bit of olive oil

Step Two:

While the Kale is steaming, put all of the ingredients (except for the cheese) into a bowl and mix it up with your hands or a spoon. I add the egg last.

Step Three:

Once you have everything mixed pretty good, turn on the flame to heat up the pan.

Step Four:

Lastly you will add the Kale and take all of the mixture and separate into about 7 patties then place a handful of feta cheese in the middle and form a ball. You want the feta cheese to be completely covered so that it will cook in the center.

Step Five:

Once all of the patties are made, place them on the warm pan and wait for it to cook! They should brown on one side then you can flip them over. It shouldn’t take longer than about 10-15 minutes to cook.

ENJOY!!!!

I added lettuce and tomato to my burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment