Wednesday, December 11, 2013

My Straight Hair Accomplishment!

Well. . . today I am proud to say that I made it through the whole day with my hair straight! 

After taking a little more than a year off of straightening my hair, I decided to try again a few months ago. Well that was an epic fail! I feel like I have educated myself so much about having healthy hair that I scared myself away from using heat! I had a beautiful flat ironed style at 7 am and by 10 am it was pretty much a fro! :-) Nothing wrong with having a fro but that just wasn't the look I was going for.  

Anyway, last night I decided that I would give it another try. This time I used a new product. I have all of my steps and products listed below. . . . . 


1. I co-washed my hair using Suave Naturals Conditioner

2. I then poured about a nickel size amount of black castor oil in my hands and spread it through my hair (to seal in the moisture)

3. I added my Suave Keratin Infusion heat defense.

4. Once my hair was evenly coated with my heat protectants, I was able to blow dry my hair. (When i blow dry i use a comb on the end of my dryer so that it can assist in straightening my hair)

5. When my hair was dry, I then separated it into 4 sections and added the new product! My magic product is Pantene Smooth Lisse. This product helps with shine and frizz control.

6. Once all of my products her added I then flat ironed it using the "chase method" with a smaller tooth comb.

7. After ironing my whole head I then wrapped it and went to sleep!

In the morning I combed it out and WALLAH! It was beautiful from AM (left) to PM (right)


I am so excited that I am still admiring my hair and it is currently 7 PM 

No comments:

Post a Comment