Saturday, August 24, 2013

How to Avoid Itchy Scalp with Synthetic Weaves :-)

Have you ever installed a really cute sew in and starred in the mirror looking forward to the 3-6 weeks of convenience you have coming your way and the minute you start to fall in love, you feel an itch in the front, back and sides? Well. . . . This same situation has happened to me multiple times actually. I even installed a sew in/crochet style and took it out in 2 days because I thought I was allergic! I was so disappointed because it took me about 4 hours total to put in and I really loved the style but my head felt like there was a pound of itching powder in it! After a little research I have found that it may not necessarily be an allergy to the weave, but the chemicals used on the weave may irritate your scalp. Most types of synthetic weave have an alkaline base designed to make the hair softer and shinier. After reading up on this topic and experimenting for myself, I have an easy solution. All you have to do is simply wash the hair before installing it using these ingredients listed below: Ingredients: 1. Vinegar (Apple cider or white) 2. Clarifying Shampoo Steps: A. Fill your bathtub about less than halfway full with warm water. B. Pour about 1 ½ Cup of the Vinegar into the water. C. Next you are going to remove your hair from the pack (still keeping it banded together because synthetic weave can be messy) and place it neatly in the water and vinegar. For about 15 minutes. D. After the 15 minute you will gently shampoo the hair and then rinse it in the water. E. Last you will hang the hair to air dry. You may need to finger comb through it but you should be good to go once it is dry. Check out the link to one of the best example videos that I could find. She makes it very clear what to do. Enjoy!

1 comment: