Thursday, September 26, 2013

3 Month Supplement Challenge!


Hey there everyone! As I have been searching through videos and blogs, I have seen many people, with the goal of growth, doing biotin challenges. I have seen numerous brands of vitamins that girls have been using (links below for different brands). Since my ultimate goal outside of healthy hair is growth, I have decided to see what a vitamin could do for my hair as well.  After doing research and looking at many reviews and ingredients I have decided on the SpringValley Hair Skin & Nails vitamin. I purchased this bottle at Walmart. Out of all of the vitamins that I looked up, this was one of the inexpensive ones. If there is one thing you will learn about me, you will learn that I love to save money! J I have been using this vitamin for about 3 days now (in my own regimin) and I will continue to use it for 90 days! I am very curious to find out how or if these vitamins will affect the health of my hair and its growth. From what I have learned, if your hair grows when a vitamin is taken, that must mean you may have been lacking certain vitamins. Well we shall see! I have listed the ingredients of the Hair Skin & nails pill below. The bottle recommends 3 pills per day, however, I do not want to shock my body so I am starting off with one pill per day for the first week then I will bump it to two pills a day and eventually go to the full dose. Also as a side note, I also recommend that you either run this by your doctor or have a basicmetabolic panel done so that you know what you may be deficient in.

Vitamin A (as RetinylPalmitate)
5000 IU
Vitamin C  (as Ascorbic Acid)
60 mg
Vitamin D (D3 Cholecalciferol)
1000 IU
Vitamin E (as dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate)
15 IU
Thiamin (Vitamin B-1)
5 mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2)
2 mg
Niacin (as Niacinamide)
25 mg
Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxide Hydrochloride)
5 mg
Folic Acid
200 mcg
Vitamin B-12 (as Cynnocobalamin)
8 mcg
Biotin (as d-Biotin)
3 mg
Pantothenic Acid (as d-Calcium Pantothenate)
15 mg
Calcium
200 mg
Phosphourus
90 mg
Magnesium
50 mg
Zinc
7.5 mg
Manganese
2 mg


PLEASE NOTE!!!!!

Most any multi vitamin will help with overall health but we all need to make sure that we  avoid trends as far as using mass doses of supplements that are intended for other purposes. I have heard of people getting major breakouts and or health problems for the sake of attempting to find a magic growth pill when they don't exist.

Ultimately we do need to remember that eating well, drinking lots and lots of water, and good hair handling habits will eventually produce results. We all have to play around until we find a system that makes our hair say, "ahhhh, that quenched my thirst!"

Since your hair is already growing, you need retention. So if you choose to do a supplement challenge use the extra growth as a tool to figure out your system of how you can retain all of the growth! Chances are, you are losing hair as fast as you are growing it and not seeing any progress but you can fix it.

Let me know if you decide to join me! Comment below and let me know your results as you go along J

No comments:

Post a Comment