Thursday, August 8, 2013

Acorn Squash!!!

So, here is a quick lesson how to make Acorn Squash. . . . My baby absolutly loves it and she likes it when i mix in oatmeal too!
1. I first make sure to rinse off the squash because I usually leave the outdise on when I throw it in to boil. 2. After its clean, I will start slicing it up into small squares. 3. Next I place the pieces into a pot of water and let it boil for about 20 minutes! (I know its a long time but I just want to make sure the skin is soft enough to peal off) 4. After I am done boiling, I will take each square out and peel off the skin then throw it in the blender with a little water to puree it. Once its done being mixed, I will pour it into an ice cube tray and throw it in the freezer! All done! Very Simple!!!!! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Cool, I have never tried making baby food, but I have just pureed whatever we are eating for dinner, for example spaghetti, mac n cheese stuff like that, but that is awesome that you take the time to do this. love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love to make the food for my baby and she loves it too! I especially like to make the foods for her that I cant find in the store. I also just learned how to make those squeeze bags for her as well. I may be posting a tutorial for that as well.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete