Tuesday, September 17, 2013

More Water = Healthier Hair!

So, I know that to many of us this may not be a huge surprise but one of the reasons why we cant seem to get our hair to grow healthy may be because we are simply not drinking enough water. I always think that I am drinking enough but when I think about it, I really could use more. I decided to practice what I preach and start drinking the recommended amount (half your body weight in ounces or 8 ounces a day) and keep track of what the results were. Even after about a month I could see a huge difference in my hair, skin and even my energy! I have listed a few tips on how to fit in all of your water each day J.

6 Ways to Sneak More Water Into Your Day

1.     Carry around a cute water bottle and make sure that you drink it all and refill it at least twice in your work day.

2.     When you have juice (apple, grape, or orange) fill half the glass with water.

3.      When you have a junk-food craving, down a glass of water immediately. You feel full
     quickly and avoid the calories, and it lets time pass till the craving fades.

4.     Freeze small pieces of peeled lemons, limes, and oranges and use them in place of ice cubes - it's refreshing and helps get in a serving or two of fruit.

5.     After each trip to the restroom, down an eight-ounce glass to replenish your system.

6.     Drink a glass of water immediately after waking up.


If you see that your hair is always dry and sucking up every product you apply,it may be due to you hair roots lacking adequate H2O levels. It is very important to hydrate your body with water, which is transported from the roots of your hair down to the tips. Your roots soak up the water from inside and hydrate the rest of your hair.
Good Luck and Happy Drinking! J


Comment with your tips on how to squeeze more water into your day

No comments:

Post a Comment