Monday, September 9, 2013

Last Minute Healthy Recipe!

Well, I came home from work today and had to hurry up and think of something for the family to eat. Its been kind of hard lately to think of fast meals since my husband is doing his low carb thing, I'm trying to eat healthy so I can get my pre-baby body back, and I try to feed the kids healthy foods. Today, I did pretty well for no prep. So, this is what I came up with . . . .

Stuffed Chicken Breast!

Ingredients:
Chicken Breast
Spinach
Mushrooms
Onion

Pepper
Salt
Garlic
Vinegar
Olive Oil
Paprika
Water
A pinch of brown sugar

Directions:
1. Take the chicken breast and slice them so that they are almost cut completely in half.
2. Mix all of the spices with the oil and water to create a liquid spread. Spread it over all sides of the chicken.
3. Take the spinach, mushrooms, and onion and a little bit of the spread and chop it up.
4. Place the chicken breast on a bed of fresh baby spinach and Brown rice.
5. After everything is chopped, stuff the chicken breast then add a little cheese.
6. Take the remainder of the spread and pour it on top of the chicken. 
7. The oven should be at 350 degrees and the chicken will cook for about 45 minutes!


                              

It turned out great and the family loved it!

Give it a try and let me know how it turns out!!!! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment