Sunday, May 11, 2014

Great Mother's Day!


Happy Mother’s Day to all of the Mamas out there!

 

This was a very eventful weekend! I have started a garden with so many yummy veggies and I will be sharing my tips and growth celebrations with all of you here on my blog!

I also finally did a hairstyle that I have been wanting to do for the longest!

And last but not least, we finally got our mini pool put up and we are waiting on this weather to heat up again so we can jump in with the kiddies!

So I will start with the hair. . .  .

I have been looking for a protective style that I can pull off only using my own hair. I know there are tons of styles to choose from but I am very limited since I have such fine and thin hair. My hair is very healthy but it just grows very thin and it has always been very fine. I wanted to try mini twists but I just knew that would be so “see through” on me J So I discovered Mini Braids for natural hair! I love the videos that I have seen and I figured those would look a little more full on my hair than the twists. Plus twists always unravel in my hair lol.

I know I do a lot of complaining about having thin natural hair but there are perks! Styles that would normally take hours on other people with thick full hair only take a fraction of that on mine J Most of the people who installed mini braids in their hair said it took them about a total of 4-6 hours! I started mine this morning at 8:10am and was all done, including the co-wash at the end, by 11:30am! I’ve only had them in for one day so far and I am loving them! Yes, mine are still much thinner than some other naturalistas but I am still loving it! This is going to be a great summer go to protective style for me!

Tools and Products Used:

·         Cantu Shea Butter Conditioning Cream

·         Small Comb and a Medium sized Comb

·         Motions Wrap hold Foam

·         Co-Washed with Suave Naturals

 

As stated above the style took me a total of about 3 hours!

 
Let me know what you think J


 


























Thanks for reading :-)



Oh and check out my websites
http://swiftphotoz.weebly.com/
https://www.facebook.com/swiftphotography1?ref=hl

No comments:

Post a Comment